We’re Recruiting – Experienced Vehicle Technician
With over 40 years experience in the motor industry, family owners Phil and Gail Wright have established Ewood MOT & Service Centre to be accredited and approved providers by some of the largest and most trusted brands in the car service and repairs industry.
Phil has over 30 years experience as a BMW and MINI technician and along with Gail, have established Ewood MOT & Service Centre to have multiple accreditations and 5-Star Reviews including ‘Approved Garages’ status, ‘RAC Approved Garage’ status ‘Black Circles Premier Garage’ status, and subscribe to the ‘AutoCare Charter’ for genuine parts and warranty service.
If you are looking to develop a career and skills in the motor mechanic and technician sector and you have a dedicated and high quality delivery ethos, you should apply online for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Main responsibilities will be working closely with the Workshop Manager, who will work through your allocated jobs.
- Work closely with the Service Advisor Team with any additional works or escalation the customer needs to be made aware of.
- Attend organised training sessions (on and off-site)
- Provide additional work detail to Service Advisors.
- Provide regular work status updates.
- Complete vehicle health checks.
- Ensure all work is carried out observing all Health and Safety safe working practices of self and work colleagues
- Check level and quality of work through use of diagnostic equipment and road-testing vehicles after work has been carried out
- Complete relevant service documentation (Job cards, service reports, additional work sheets)
- Accurately complete job cards, reports, including any written descriptions of faults found or repairs completed
- Minimum – Level 3 qualification in vehicle service and repair
- Minimum of 3 years as a Motor Vehicle Technician
- Excellent Communicator both written and verbal
- Must be a team player
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Professional and presentable
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team
- Ability to set and work within time frames
About The Role:
- Salary dependent on qualification and experience, starting from £30,000 to £40,000
- Hours of work (Flexible) Monday – Friday – 8.30am – 5.00pm or 7.30am – 4.00pm (no weekends)
- Productivity Bonus
- Holiday Entitlement – 29 days + per year (2 extra days after 5 years)
- Logo Uniforms (laundered)
- Staff receive 1 x MOT (free) per year
- Contribution towards footwear per year
- Training package with industry recognized training provider
- Electric Vehicle training
- Company development and progression.