Vehicles on UK roads over 3 years since manufacture are required to have a valid 12 month MOT Certificate.
An MOT inspection is an annual event, meaning a valid certificate must be renewed within the 12 month anniversary of its last certificate.
Did you know every MOT centre must provide a means by which you can watch your vehicles MOT test being completed?
In a bid to provide transparency of all our services at Ewood MOT and Service Centre, we have a dedicated waiting area where you can watch your vehicle MOT test taking place LIVE on the TV screens.
In the same way the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) strictly monitor vehicles, they also strictly monitor MOT Centres.
At Ewood MOT and Service Centre we are proud of our DVSA Green Certification. Very few garages hold a Green MOT certification. Most are red or amber which means they do not follow best practice.
Is the safety of you, your passengers or the public worth the risk?
MOT Services provided:
- Pre MOT Inspection…
Find out if your vehicle is going to pass or fail before the official MOT.
The MOT inspection with pass certificate or fail notice
- MOT Re-test
We will re-test your vehicle free of charge within 14 days of the original MOT
- Did you know that you can check the MOT history of a vehicle on the gov.uk website ?
To avoid your vehicle failure being detailed here, consider having a free Pre MOT check with us.
- MOT actually stands for Ministry of Transport. This is now a defunct government department but the name of the test still stands.
- There are 2 exceptions when a vehicle without a valid certificate can be used on a public road.
1) To or from somewhere to be repaired. 2) To a pre-arranged MOT test.
- At Ewood MOT and Service Centre, we are licensed to provide MOT testing on Class 4 Cars up to 8 Passengers, Motor Homes and Quads.
- Body, vehicle structure and general items
- Fuel system
- Exhaust emissions
- Exhaust system
- Load security
- Tyres and wheels
- Registration plates
- Wipers and washers
- Steering and suspension
- Vehicle identification number (VIN)